Spring is in full swing! Do you know what that means? It’s the perfect time for maple everything! Maple syrup with pancake breakfasts, sugar bush tours and other seasonal fun.
Did you know that pure Canadian maple syrup contains 63 different antioxidants? It’s joining the ranks of broccoli and blueberries as the new ‘one-stop shop’ superfood!
Soak in these fun maple facts in honor of the season:
- Maple syrup is all natural and unrefined, so it retains the nutritional value of the tree sap.
- 71% of the world’s pure maple syrup is produced in Canada.
- A single maple tree can only provide enough sap for roughly 1 liter of maple syrup in a season. In order to make 1 liter of maple syrup, it takes around 40 liters of sap.
- It takes approximately 40 years for a maple tree to be big enough to tap.
- The more leaves on the crown of a maple tree, the sweeter the sap.